Skip to main content

Exploring Church Membership




I am planning some sessions on church membership to take place during the spring.

These are suitable for:
  • Someone who has been coming to church for a while and is now interested in taking the next step into becoming a member of the church;
  • Someone who has been coming a long time but for whatever reason has not become a member in the past;
  • Someone who has come into Methodism as a member of another denomination and would like to know more about membership in the Methodist Church.

I am aware that a number of churches in the circuit are LEPs and I will bear this in mind in the sessions offered, depending on where the participants come from.

I already have a number of names of individuals, but I would be grateful if you could let me know of anyone else who may be interested in taking up church membership. The emphasis will be on exploring the meaning of membership. Attendance on the course does not require a prior commitment to become a member, but opportunity will be given at its conclusion for those that wish to take the next step.

I have not set dates as yet, as my intention is to try and fit in with those who want to attend. There will be three sessions in all, with a further session for those who want to take up membership.

If you would supply names and details (address, phone number and email, if possible) then I will contact each person concerned. Please contact me directly for any further information.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Phil Drake

FAQs on Membership from the Methodist Church.