Skip to main content

I have plans for you!

Acts Ch 2 vv 43 - 47
John Ch 14 vv 12 – 31a
We had a wonderfully inspiring service this morning led by Martin Bashforth.  Martin likened the situation that our churches face in moving from a named minister to a team ministry to that of Jesus and His disciples.  They, too, had been dependent upon Jesus to lead, to preach, to heal ... they, too, faced an uncertain future, not knowing how they would cope without Jesus being around.  Jesus promised he would never leave them, and sent the Holy Spirit to work within them.  He does the same for each one of us "whoever believes in me will do the works that I do".

Jackie Marshall also shared her encounter with God yesterday:

Jeremiah 29:11-13
New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
 
So, as we prepare to meet for our Faith Lunch next week (4 March) to discuss our future directions, let's seek Him with all our heart and allow His Spirit to work through us.